Prop 8 is kind of big deal to me because 1) I am Mormon and 2) I oppose it. This is one of the things I refuse to agree with my church about because I do not believe and will in no way support discrimination. Taking basic and civil rights from a group of people is WRONG. America has fought for freedom and equality, and people STILL have to struggle for it today. Seriously, WTF California? To be honest, I was shocked that it passed.
Saturday was the national protest against prop 8. Me, Mai, Amanda, Jason and Lydia headed to Los Angeles nice and early to go and support. When we got on the metro, it got fuller and fuller with every stop. When we got off the metro, that's when my adreneline started to pump-- all the people, and the music. There were tons and tons of people, it was such an awesome sight.
Anyway-- here's a few pictures and videos from the event:
are you a haft filipina? your mom so pretty w/your dad photo..
ReplyDelete