Check out my travel blog: Latitude Adjustment

02 February 2009

Selfish? No.

I've lived most of my life, I feel, to please others. I am definitely a pleaser and a giver. The more I think about it, the more upset I get at myself.

I need to start living for ME. I want to be happy. That's why I want to make these changes in my life, because I've been thinking about the saying "Be the change you want to see in the world, " and it is one of the truest things I've ever heard. I can apply that to myself-- be the change you want to see in yourself.

So today, my boss pulls me in her office "to talk." She basically told me she doesn't want me to go. We're going on this trip to Florida in a few weeks, and she told me that she's invested a lot of money in it for me (it's something called Dental Bootkamp-- too boring to explain). Any way, she tried to give me a small guilt trip, and the whole time I'm sitting there, thinking about how I need to start living my life... for ME. I can't stay just because she wants me to. It's not what I want out of life... being stuck in a dental office... I need to be roaming the world. Of course, she told me she understands how I feel, she was single once, too... etc etc. But still, I know she really doesn't want me to go. But either way, I'm going to do what I want to do. Time's tickin.

It's time for me to start taking care of myself.

1 comment: