Check out my travel blog: Latitude Adjustment

17 March 2009

Libertad.

I watched Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes' RocDoc on VH1 a while back. I loved it. She just got up and started driving from Atlanta all the way down to Honduras. I was very inspired. How amazing would that be? Just to go and not have to tell anyone, drive and see amazing countries. She walked around naked in the jungles. She was at a place where people did not recognize her. She did what she wanted to do. That's what I want need. I don't want to worry about jobs, school, a career. American life. I don't want to have to worry about parents being "worried about me and my salvation". . . No stress, no pressure. I just want to GO.

I want to leave and live in Central America. Life would be much more relaxing and humbling. But as I type all of this, I know that it's very possible that I won't ever leave. I have too many people dependent on me here. Especially my family- they have high expectations from me. I love my family to death, and I'd miss them, but I need to think about myself sometimes. I'm hoping that someday someone will take me with them, where ever is not HERE. Far, far away. And if not, then I'm hoping I'll gather up enough courage to do it by myself. Traveling is amazing, I love it. When I go, I never want to leave. I hate it when the time comes near to come back to America, back to American life. Work and school. Being in another country makes me realize how much I don't like mine.




R.I.P Lisa Lopes.



Taken from a Myspace blog post I did a while ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment