Check out my travel blog: Latitude Adjustment

07 December 2009

First "real" snow experience.

It started to snow again on Saturday. I was down in Spanish Fork, and it snowed a pretty medium amount, but once we got on the road, toward the freeway back up to the Orem area, there was hardly any snow. So I was thinking "Sweet, it's not going to be bad at all."


Ha, little did I know...

Sunday I had to go to church down in Provo at 9am. I was picking up 3 other people who all lived close to campus because we were going to a Spanish ward for our Spanish class. Anyway, it was my first expierence DRIVING in snow snow. It was pretty ridiculous. A few times I tried to stop at stop lights, but I just kept sliding through, so I just stepped on the gas and went. It was pretty scary for me because I could've gotten into some accidents! I would be swirving left and right and sliding around. And I wasn't even going fast!!

Then, today I woke up and saw our street covered in white:


And I thought, "Oh great, here we go again..." I had to go outside, get all the snow off my car and warm up my car--which took like an extra 15 minutes. Then I drove to the bus stop, sliding around once again. Luckily there were no cars around. Then I had to walk around campus, looking like a retard all slow because I didn't want to slip. And my boots were getting wet and my toes are now freezing.

This whole snow experience has made me a few things:
1) Snow sucks.
2) The snow is just going to get worse.
3) I need to buy me some snow boots.
4) I don't like my Trooper (the car that has replaced my Subaru).
5) I wish I had my Subaru right now.
6) I should've chosen BYU Hawaii. Which I am going to look into for next winter because really, I am kind of hating life right now. Ok, it's not that serious, but snow sucks. Majorly.

I'm just a spolied California girl.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for snow even though it actually truly sucks...and yes, you should have chosen Hawaii! ;) We don't have any snow over here, and I'm so thankful for that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally felt the same way when it snowed. We ARE totally spoiled California girls =)

    ReplyDelete