Wow, first off- let me take a huge sigh of relief... AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (that's supposed to sound like the expelling of a huge sigh).
Well all week I've been packing and getting ready to go back to Cali for the summer, so my mind has been pretty spastic and everywhere because I'm excited like a 2 year old on Christmas morning. So this morning, I got up to take a shower & for some reason I locked my door & right when the door clicked, I knew what just happened..... I just locked myself out of my room!! It's just so automatic for me to lock my door, but earlier I thought to myself "Ok, I don't need to lock it because no one is even home..." And I guess I forgot about that the thought and ended up locking it anyways & leaving my keys & cell phone in my room. Smart one.
So while I was trying finagle my lock open, all these thoughts of what I could do were buzzing through my head: "I could just go to Marci's or my grandma's.... ah crap- my car keys are in my room..." "I could just bike to one of their houses.... oh wait- I packed my bike in my car already & my car keys are in my room...." Then I decided to see if there was ladder in the shed in the back so I can just climb through my window. So I go out, I am in my pj's and braless & barefoot, I go around back, walk through weeds & mud to the shed, get the ladder out & realize the ladder is way too short. I go back inside & try it again with my lock, every once in a while checking outside to see if there's any sign of life from my neighbors. There wasn't, so I go back picking at my lock..
Finally, after about 2 hours, I hear a little girl & a woman. I rush downstairs & look out the window and I see my neighbor unpacking her car of groceries. I thought to myself "Ok, Leia Muzette (side note- when I have a serious convo with myself- I call myself by my first and last name) you need to man-up, go out there & ask her for help" and I did. . . with my hair & clothes a mess & my dirty bare feet. I go up to her "Excuse me- hi. I live next door and I locked myself out of my room. Do you have a phonebook I can borrow?" "Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. I don't have a phonebook, but I have a computer you can borrow, " she replies. "Perfect." So she invites me in, all the while I'm being apologetic, pointing out the obvious of what a complete 'tard I am. When she sees me Googling "locksmith" she goes "Oh, did you need a locksmith?" "Yeaahh," I say. "Oh, well my dad's a locksmith! I can just call him for you!" And those words were like the most beautiful music to my ears! So she calls her father, can't get a hold of him so she calls her brother who used to work with him.
Thirty minutes later he arrives, comes & gets my door open, no exaggeration- in less than 2 minutes. He probably thought I was a complete fool, but I did not care because once I saw that door open, a HUGE feeling of relief came over me. I couldn't thank him enough. And he told me "Now don't lock yourself out again, ok?" Ha. I know, I know. I'm making extra copies of my room key & hiding them all over the house.
I messed up my lock so much that my key doesn't fit it anymore, so I had to buy a new lock set & I'm installing it tonight. I've never done that before, but it comes with instructions, so it should be easy, right?
I really think God was watching my back. Because after the first hour, I said a little prayer asking Him for anything, anything at all... And once my neighbor told me that her father was a locksmith, I knew it was the workings of the Holy Ghost telling me & giving me the courage to go to my neighbor's... to that neighbor in particular.
Wow, I didn't mean to get all religious, but I'm just saying. Jesus loves me. Word up.
My mind's in California already. I think that's what happened. =)
Waking up at 4am tomorrow to hit the road back home! It's going to be an AMAZING summer. No doubt. And when I get back to Utah, I can't wait to meet little KP4!! Good luck to my BFF Marci. (I know you'll be thee most excellent mother. Love ya!)
No comments:
Post a Comment