Check out my travel blog: Latitude Adjustment

26 September 2011

I guess I should update.

It's been a while since I've sat & blogged. I mean, I've posted links and whatnot more recently, but not actual blogging. Mostly because I'm lazy, and mostly because I've been a busy bee. But this morning I was counting my blessings & decided I should blog about it.

I'm 26, married and living in Cuenca, Ecuador. As I think about this, I wonder "how in the world did I end up here?" I try to think of a complicated answer, but it's not complicated at all- it's quite simple: I set some goals and I've achieved them. I graduated college, I got married, and I'm teaching English in a foreign country.

The wedding in Costa Rica was nothing less than amazing- it was more than I could have asked for. (For more details on it, click here.) As I reflect back, I realize how incredible lucky and blessed I am. We were surrounded by about 50 loved-ones, friends and family, to help us celebrate.... and I got married... on a beach... in Costa Rica. Girls dream of having a paradise beach wedding-- and I did it.

After Costa Rica, Jason and I moved to Ecuador. We had no set plans, we just came here with our lives in our backpacks hoping some opportunities were out here. We spent some time in Quito and then in BaƱos before coming to Cuenca to settle down. We are so blessed because we came to Cuenca on a Sunday and had teaching jobs on Tuesday. It was as easy as people said it would be. I currently teach at a private language school. Jason teaches there, too but he also teaches at a regular school- so he has been super busy.


I've wanted to be an English teacher in a foreign country for years now, and I'm finally doing it. I have so many people to thank for showing me love and support, especially my husband who has been there pushing me from the start.


We'll be here for about 9 months. We don't know where out next move will be after this, but we're looking at Spain right now. But that's in 9 months... so we'll see.


The adventures continue....

No comments:

Post a Comment