Check out my travel blog: Latitude Adjustment

12 January 2012

Home?

The first time I moved away from home was when I went off to finish college in 2009 in another state. I did 4 months without coming back home (fall semester). That very first time, I had missed home terribly and never wanted to go back to school.

But then as time went on, I got used to college more, and just getting to visit home every so often. And by the time it was my last year in college, I didn't think home felt as much as like home as it used to whenever I would visit on breaks. I had that realization one day, and it kind of scared me.

Jason once told me that home for him was wherever he was with ME (cue the "aaawwww"s). But the more I think about it, the more I realize how much he's right. Home isn't about the physical place, it's about the people.

Whenever I am away from "home" (aka my peoples- my fam, my friends) I miss it. Constantly. Especially when there's a special event and I'm not there to partake in it. But I know that this is the life I have chosen to live. BUT, whenever I am home, I enjoy it for about a week or so, then I'm ready to go again. Maybe I'm just to used to that because it's been like that for the last few years. Then we leave, then come back home, and the cycle repeats.

This time around, we'll be moving to South Korea for AT LEAST a year (we signed a contract and everything). And if we like it enough, we'll extend. So I'll be away from home for even longer this time. We'll see how it goes and all, but I need to toughen up and get used to it.


I'm ready to move freely about the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment