We also have a mini Chirstmas tree outside that my sister-in-law decorated, she did a good job, better than mine.
As I was decorating the tree, I started thinking about how silly of a thing it is that we decorate a tree, amongst other traditions, on Christmas. Like lights on our houses, stockings, Santa Claus, etc. Who came up with this stuff??? In any case, we go along with it because we've been doing it all our lives. But as for me, I want to raise my kids different. . .
Any way, yesterday a bunch of us went to Magic Mountain as a start of my 2 week birthday celebration (or something). It was a bit cold and lines were an average of an hour and a half wait and the park closed at 6pm, but we had fun none the less.
We played games to keep ourselves entertained. . .
Like charades. This is Maria doing a pigeon:
And I don't know what Aaron was doing here. . .
We only ended up only getting to ride 4 rides, but we got to go on some good ones like Goliath, Riddler's Revenge and Tatsu. Tatsu was awesome! One part scared the crap out of me, but the ride was so good. Highly recommended if you haven't tried it.
My birthday isn't until the 23rd, but I usually do something early since most people are gone or busy on that day since it's so close to Christmas. But this year, I'm going to do something small on that day, have a few people over and make some gingerbread houses and chill. It should be fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment