I had a very surprising e-mail sent to me last night. Before going to bed, I checked my e-mail and saw an e-mail from BYU saying that they have had made a decision and to check the website to see what that decision is. As soon as I read the e-mail, many emotions ran through me. I was surprised because I wasn't expecting them to make a decision so fast. I was excited that they had made a decision already. I was anxious. I had doubt- maybe it was easy for them to reject me so maybe that's why they replied so quickly.
As I was typing in the web address to check, my heart was beating. No joke. My hands were getting a little shaking and sweaty. So many thoughts ran through my head, both good and bad.
So I finally got to the place I needed to be to check, and right next to BYU it says: ADMITTED.
As soon as I saw that, I started to cry. I'm not sure exactly why I cried, I'm still trying to analyze the reasons right now. I think those were tears of so many emotions running through me. I feel so blessed right now that God is giving me this chance. Now, I'm not really always so religious, but I truly believe that He is giving me this chance to shape up. And He out of all people knows that I need to.
First thing I do is grab my phone and call Marci. Then I go and tell my parents. I went in their room, and I said, "I have something to tell you guys..." and the first thing my mom says is: "You're pregnant." No mom, no baby. I laughed. I mean, I guess it's kind of sad that that's the first thing my mom thinks of when I tell her I have to tell her something, but whatever, she's my mom and I love her dearly.
Anyway, I tell them the news. My mom was happy, my dad- I don't think so much. I mean, I'm sure he is proud of me, but I don't think he wants his little girl to leave. But they understand that I do need to get out of here and they support me. Plus, I'm freaking old. It's time to start making a move.
Any way, I'm full of excitement and relivement (I don't think that's a word, but you know...). I don't know if Utah is ready for this girl yet, but oh well-- I'm coming. =)
Looks like I'll be moving out there Early to mid August. FINALLY.
I am SOOO ready. The sooner they come the better. I love you and am so proud of you Lele.
ReplyDeleteYeah Leia!! So glad you are coming out here!! You are always invited to Sunday dinner at the Basuas!!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm sooo proud of you! You're makin things happen ♥
Congrats!!! That is so exciting. Your going to have so much fun up there. YAY!!! =)
ReplyDelete