I spent a few days in San Diego to visit friends. My friend Kristi and her husband took me shooting somewhere in the desert, right by the border of Mexico (you could see the actual fence from where we were). I have to admit, I was a bit scared to shoot an actual gun. I've never done it. The only gun I've ever shot was a BB gun when I was 14 years old. Guns make me nervous. Especially the guns my friend's husband & his friend had.
So when we got there, they started to get the guns all ready. Then they set up the targets. I told Kristi to shoot first. She is like pro at this stuff. She asked if I wanted to try, I said no. I really was being a wuss at this point. After a while of talking to myself, giving myself support and courage, I finally decided to do it.
I must admit, pulling that trigger gave me a bit of an adrenaline rush. I was shocked when I let the first one off (as you can see in the video). I didn't expect it to make my hand jerk so much. The first gun I shot was a 9mm (the one in the video). I then tried a .45. I did not like the .45. It hurt my hand after the first few shots. But I did like that 9mm.
So after this experience, will I ever want to own a gun? Probably not. They still make me nervous. But it was fun, something I did that I can check off my list.
This is the video Kristi took. Sorry it's sideways, I guess she didn't notice? At the end, she goes to the target to see how well (or bad) I did.
I cannot believe that you never went with the YW to the range. we used to do it all everyone in a while. Shooting is pretty fun I agree, but definately do not want to own one. Plus you were looking pretty hot doing it.
ReplyDelete