Check out my travel blog: Latitude Adjustment

14 June 2009

It's been a minute.

I've realized that I haven't been on top of my blogging as of late. And really, I have all the time in the world now to do so. But I do come on here often and am about to write a blog, but my words and thoughts escape me, so I forget about it. This happens to me a lot.

Friday was my last day of babysitting Jacob. I must say, I am quite sad about that because he is the coolest toddler. Now that I'm not doing that anymore, and I don't have school, I have this up coming week to prepare for my trip. Not that I do much to prepare for a trip, I usually pack the night before (because really- what's so hard about throwing your stuff in a suitcase that you need like 5 days to do so? That's not my style). But I will be laying out on the beach all week (if the weather permits) trying to even out all these tan lines I've gained from last weekend (San Diego) and yesterday (Jacob's birthday bbq).

Ah, what a hard life. But really, I do not mind not having a job or school at this point in my life. I've been working at a job since I was 17 years old and never stopped since, so I do not mind this what comes out to be about 2 month break. It's actually really nice to have me time. Because once I get back from my 6-week vacation, it's back on the grind. I'll have 2 weeks to get my stuff packed and ready to go and make sure all my BYU stuff is set. Then I start classes and find a part-time job.

I am really excited for my trip. My mom and I are leaving next Monday and will be back July 31st. I'll see if I'll be able to blog while I'm down there, but I doubt it. I actually hope I won't have time to do so, but we'll see. I'll be spending the first few weeks in the Philippines with family, then I'll be taking a mini trip to Thailand with a friend for five days (which isn't nearly enough time to be there, but it was all we could do), then spend the last week back in the Philippines.

At Jacob's birthday bbq yesterday, one of my aunties was talking to me, asking me what I'm doing now. I told her my travel plans and college plan. She told me that I'm always traveling. I told her yes, yes I am, I tend to always put traveling in front of everything. Which is true, I believe. There's downsides to doing that, I think? But I haven't come up with any. So I will probably proceed to put traveling in front of everything. My auntie told me it's good that I travel so much. I agreed then I went into my whole life-perspective spiel.

Anyway, life is good as of late. Real good.

1 comment: