I sometimes like to look up my dream interpretations after I've had a dream where there seemed to be a dominant theme.
And I had one the other night:
I was getting ready to move to my grandma's house in Utah. I arrive there at night, I'm by myself. When I knock on the door, this young girl around 16 years old opens the door. She ushers me in and calls my grandma. For some reason, I only had 1 suitcase, and the girl takes it and tells me to relax. I sit on the couch and I'm feeling a little uncomfortable. I don't really think about who this other girl is, I didn't question anything. My grandma comes in and we start talking and what not. And the other girl is acting like my grandma's caretaker. Then I remember we started drinking something. Then all of a sudden, all three of us were laughing, having a good time together. And my lips start to feel numb. I start trippin about my numb lips. And I start to get mad at the girl because she had given me something that numbed my lips, even though I liked the feeling.
Then I woke up.
So, I looked up what it means to feel numbness in your dream. It says:
Numbness
To dream that you feel numbness, indicates that you are letting fear take over and run your life. You are afraid of taking risks or chances. You fear failure.
(from http://www.dreammoods.com/)
It's sometimes crazy how true these types of things can be. In this case, I've been scared to get out of my house, to go to school, to be away from my family. I am scared about the whole thing, but I know it's something I need to do so I can progress in my life, because I have to face it- I'm getting old. Although I try to act tough and tell myself I'm not scared, I am. It's going to be a whole new experience for me, but I have many motivations to help me get through it. And I am going to get through it.
I think I had this dream because it's getting closer for me to go and my mind has been going a million miles a second about this whole Utah thing.
Or maybe it was just a random dream of three ladies drinking something that made us laugh and giggle together and numb our lips? Who knows. But I am a believer that dreams have meanings.
But I am excited. I'm more excited than I am scared. I just finalized my class schedule. I have a place to stay. All I need to do now is find boxes to pack my stuff in.
I can't believe how fast this year is flying by! It's nuts.
5 more days and I'm leaving for the Philippines. Words can not express how excited I am. I think this is going to be my last trip for a while because I plan on not taking breaks for school, I want to push through so I can get out ASAP.
No comments:
Post a Comment