Wow, today was so much fun! Probably one the funnest days I've had since being here! My friend Azalea came down from Ogden, we went to get some boba, then to the Festival of Colors at the Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork, then to L&L Hawaiian BBQ.
This is me before the festival:
And this is me afterwards:
So when we first got there, the crowd wasn't too big:
So me and Azalea walked around and within 5 minutes of being there, I was already attacked multiple times by random people:
So we bought our colors so that we could retaliate:
Then we went down to where the crowd was, enjoying the music, being attacked with colors some more. I felt like I was at some hippie convention or something. It was awesome. This is me and Azalea up in the mix of the crowd:
We got really dirty- or colorful? This is what the crowd looked like after a while. It was nuts!! :
Me and Azalea were right in the middle. When they had the countdown to have EVERYONE throw their colored powder, it was seriously something I've never experienced in my life! The whole sky, well what felt like the whole sky, was just covered in multiple colors and at one point it got really dark because of all the powder. I just had my bag of color, flinging it around and jumping up and down. It's something hard to describe because I won't do it justice, you just have to be there. It was amazing.
After the two minutes of amazingness, me and Azalea fought our way out. And this is what we looked like:
So, some of you may think-- a bunch of people throwing bags of colors around, so what? But seriously- it was awesome, something I'll never ever forget. Even though I had to shampoo and rinse my hair 3 times in the shower, I will definitely be attending next year, for sure.
Looks like a blast! Something I will go to with the kids when they are teenagers! I can't believe how many people pack in there! Parking must be nuts!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou should come to our Easter party Friday night with confetti eggs! I have 48 dozen eggs fight now! It is pretty fun too!
dude that's so awesome! id be down for next years!
ReplyDeleteso the first year that we went to that there was definately not that many people. That festival has BLOWN UP!! Glad you had fun girlie!!
ReplyDelete