Check out my travel blog: Latitude Adjustment

29 April 2010

My spring break 2010.

BYU doesn't have an official spring break because we're on a semester AND quarter system, so it just goes on and on with no break. But I made sure to make a break for myself. So I took all my finals early so I could go home for a week (last week). It's always so hard to come back to Utah after being in California. Seriously.

It was a successful trip, for sure. I got to eat at all the places I had on my list of places I miss (Broasted Chicken, Maki Plus, Blue Elephant, Topper's, Kalesa Grill...) and I just got to be with my family and friends, which is what I really needed. My mom's birthday shindig was a success. We had dinner at Thai Corner then went dancing in downtown Ventura afterwards. I picked a perfect spot to take my parents dancing because it was a much older crowd, but we all had a lot of fun. My mom was happy, so that made me happy.

Winter semester was tough- and my grades showed that =(. But hey, at least I'm still passing. Now I've started spring quarter & it's already been rough! (because everything's crammed into 7 weeks instead of 18 weeks). I have a lot of work... every single day... and I still work in Salt Lake, so that puts more stress on me. They want me to go back in the fall and work for them, but I don't know. I want a job closer to school/my place.

Anyway, if you wanna see pics from my week in Cali- click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment