Check out my travel blog: Latitude Adjustment

21 May 2010

I'm in Cali, trriickk!

Ok, that title was dumb.

Anyway, I'm in Oxnard right now. I flew in Wednesday night to surprise my dad. On Thursday (yesterday) he received this award (the highest award you can get in his company) for all his hard work. It was WAAAYYYY over due!! He's done so much for his company, it's ridiculous.

Wednesday night, my friends picked me up & I spent the night at my friend's house. Then on Thursday morning after my dad went to work, my brother picked me up. Then me, him, my mom & Rogie headed to his work. My Uncle Jose met up with us, too. And when we got there, there were other families there, too. There were about 7 other people receiving this award, and apparently they didn't know about it either, just us families. So it was really cool that they put this effort into telling everyone's families & keeping it a secret. They held us in a room while the workers were being seated in another room. When everyone got there, they sent us families into the room to sit next to them, and the people who's families walked in, you just hear them say "Oh my gosh!" "What the!" etc. etc. Just random exclamations because they knew what was about to happen.

But when my family & I walked in, we didn't see my dad. We were looking around and got a little worried. They started the ceremony. Each boss of each department got up to say a little something about the person who was about to receive the award. By the time the 4th person was talking, my dad finally walks in. My family & I were sitting in the front row, and my dad walked to the back of the room. He didn't see us when he walked in.

Finally, my dad was the last to be called up (because you know, they save the best for last). =)
And when he walked up, he saw all of us sitting right in the front, and you should have seen his face! I can't even describe it... it was priceless.

It felt good to be able to be there to see my dad receive this way over due award. It also felt good to see him so surprised when he saw me. He had NO clue I was coming. He also had no clue he was receiving the award. It was awesome.

I'm so proud of my pops!!

No comments:

Post a Comment