So in my house, we only get limited basic cable. I only get about a few local channels, a few Spanish channels, TV Land, Discovery and the Travel Channel (thank God!!). So of course, I'm mostly flipping back and forth between Discovery and TC.
Anyway, I was watching "Dhani Tackles the Globe" the other night, and he went to play water polo in Croatia (which apparently is a HUGE sport there). The first few scenes were of beautiful beaches, so I automatically fell in love (I fall in love with any place with beautiful beaches).
If you don't know where Croatia is located, it's in central & southeast Europe. You know where the "boot" of Italy is? Is just across the sea northeast of that.
Croatia has so much history, with its land being once inhabited by Neanderthals. There's also many different islands that are part of Croatia- over 1,000 varying in sizes. I definitely want to go to some of those too, like the bigger islands of Cres:
And Krk:
And of course, another thing that attracts me to a place is the food. They have some yummy looking stuff & some interesting looking stuff (which is usually almost delicious!)
Anyway, people always like pictures, so here's some pictures I found of Croatia (and I hope to some day visit & explore this country!):







No comments:
Post a Comment