I looked in my fridge and saw we had some plain yogurt. I looked on the kitchen table and saw we had bananas. Then I had the idea to make a lassi. You can make lassis from all kinds of different fruits (or just plain).
My husband and I brought back 6 pounds of 100% cocoa from the Ecuadorian coast. It's VERY bitter, but so good when you make drinks with it (and add some sugar!). So I decided to add some to the lassi as well. If you don't have 100% cocoa, you can use some other type of chocolate (like coco powder or chocolate syrup).
Here's what you need:
![]() |
| Honey, sugar (I have organic sugar), plain yogurt, cocoa, ice, bananas |
-3 medium bananas
-5 tablespoons honey
-Chocolate (if you use 100% cocoa, you will need to add about 1Cup of sugar, otherwise you won't need sugar- the honey should be enough sweetness)
-Ice (I used about half a tray)
Here's what you do:
-Whisk the yogurt and then put it in the blender
-Cut up the bananas in smaller pieces and put in blender
-Blend together
-Then add the honey, chocolate, and a few ice cubes (not all)
-Blend together again, add the rest of the ice and blend again
-Serve over a few cubes of ice
...and enjoy!
{Printable Recipe}
There's a lot of different variations to making a lassi. This is just the one I use and I like it. And apparently so did my brother and husband (and me):
.jpg)

that's sure delicious. I miss halo-halo in the Philippines
ReplyDeleteI love halo-halo!
DeleteNom !!
ReplyDeleteYour friends faces are amazing too :P haha
J <3