I've actually been doing pretty well. This whole experience has made me become a stronger woman and really put my life in perspective. I now know what direction I want to take in my life, and there is nothing that can try and hold me back.
I applied to BYU and BYU Hawaii. I've FINALLY decided to really go through with it this time. I need to. I should have done it a LONG time ago, but you know-- you live and you learn. You make mistakes in your life and you grow and learn from them.
But I'm still keeping Northridge on my list as well.
In order of schools I want to go to are:
3rd choice: Northridge, just because I'd probably still have to live in Oxnard and commute, but my number one goal right now is to get out of this place. The positives are that it would be the cheapest option, the easiest to transfer, and they do have the TESL certification-- but you can't get your actual degree in TESL.
2nd choice: BYU. I know people there, I have many relatives there, so I can still live for free. They do have a TESOL minor (Teaching English to Students of Other Languages). The down side is tuition costs and how difficult it is going to be to transfer there. The transferring part doesn't worry me though because I want to go no matter what, even if I still need to take some other classes to get there or what not.
1st choice- BYU Hawaii. Ok, so this isn't my first choice because it's in Hawaii. The main reason this school is so attractive to me is because they have a TESOL Major, so I can get my actual BA in it. That's ideal for me. The only things I'm worried about are the same as going to BYU Utah, plus having to live off campus-- and we all know how expensive Hawaii is. I was actually looking on the website for off-campus housing near campus, and it wasn't bad. There were places for like $350-$400 a month (shared, of course). And since it is shared, I'd be able to make some friends. And maybe find me my very own island boy. Ha.
So, all this is exciting to me, I have something new to look forward to. The TESOL major in Hawaii requires 3 semesters of a forgeign language. I've taken one in Spanish here at OC, but I didn't learn a thing. So I'm going to Border's to buy a book that'll teach me. Then I'll just take some Spanish classes over summer.
I'm really looking forward to change, and for things to fall into place for me. I was starting to contemplate what I really wanted to do with my life, and I was considering on giving up on doing the whole teaching english in some other country thing and getting back into dental hygiene school, but I talked my self out of it. I really want to travel for the rest of my life, and I think I'd have an awesome, fulling life being able to do it.
So this is my promise to you, blogworld, but most importantly to myself-- I HAVE to do everything in my power to see the change I want to see, to make things happen for MYSELF. Straight up. I'm tired of living this life that just seems like a circle for me. Stop. Play. Repeat.
So over it.
Wish me luck.
UTAH!! UTAH!! UTAH!! (by the way this is a chant) UTAH!! UTAH!!
ReplyDelete