I finally told my boss the news. How the conversation went down was basically like this:
I told her I got into both BYU's and how I decided to go to Utah. She told me "Oh, I thought you were going to go to Northridge?" And I told her nope, I'm going to Utah. So she pulled me into her office and we had a talk. She basically was trying to make me feel bad, but I didn't. She should appreciate the fact that I'm giving her like a 3 month notice rather than what most people do and give a 2-week notice. She asked me what has motivated me to go this path and I told her my desire to travel the world the rest of my life. And I told her that is my #1 goal in my life right now and how I want to get out of Oxnard so bad. I gave her my promise that I'd help them find someone to replace me (which will be a hard task, I know). I didn't stand down to her. I can't keep living my life for other people because I feel bad. If I keep doing that, I'm not going to get where I want to get to in my life.
Then we got up and she gave me a big, long hug and started to cry. I was like- don't cry! I don't like when people cry. Then she told me something that kind of got me heated a little bit "I'll believe it when I see it." And in my head, I was like "oh hheeellll no." But I just smiled and walked away.
That's the kind of support I don't want or need. She told me that and my dad told me that, too. It just irritates me. I want people to support me in a positive way, like my other friends who are really excited and happy for me. My mom even said she is trying to look for a job so that I don't have to work while I'm at school-- she wants to pay for my stuff so I can concentrate more on school. I was telling this to my friend last night and he said I should let both the positive and negative support be my fuel, which it really is. The negative support makes me want to prove them wrong. And positive support it always good, obviously.
Any way, thank you for all the positive support. I really appreciate it. And those who want to throw negativity at me-- I'm just going to live my life, ain't got no time for 'dem hatus... 'cuz I'm a paypuh chasuh. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment