Check out my travel blog: Latitude Adjustment

08 March 2010

I should become a painter.

So on Friday I went to go take a look at a room that was for rent in an apartment. I've been wanting to move closer to campus & I've been looking at other places, but this one was a really good deal. I liked it, so I took it. The price was right.

The one thing I didn't like though was the color of the room. It was this ugly green, so I immediately wanted to change that. The pictures below do not do it justice-- it was worse in person. Unfortunately I forgot my camera, so these are from my celly:



So I bought paint from Home Depot, called Peru, and this is how it turned out:
I think it's 110% better, don't you? And I did it without anyone's help. I'm very proud of myself! I'm sore from all the work, who knew it'd be such a workout??

I'm moving my stuff in little by little during the week since I don't have anyone to help me. I tried to convince my mom to let me fly her up here so she can help me (and I want her to make me some curtains and a curtain for my closet) but she wouldn't take the offer =(. But it's all good.

I should be all moved in by Friday! I'm excited. I've only met one of my roommates. I still need to meet the other two. They're all so quiet- I hope they're ready for me!! =)

1 comment:

  1. I really love how it came out!! It goes well with the wood. And we can help you move some stuff on Thursday before I go out of town!! Let me know

    ReplyDelete