Check out my travel blog: Latitude Adjustment

30 January 2012

Colors of the week: Nailpolish #2

I've been on vacation for the last month. (For those who don't know, I was teaching in Ecuador for 5 months & now I'm back home in California waiting to go off to South Korea in a few weeks to teach.) So I've had some time on my hands (some days I even stay in my pajamas literally ALL day- I'm sure we've all had days like that).

On Instagram I follow @Nailartclub and was inspired by one of their nail art designs, so I decided to give it a shot & try and replicate it the best I could with what I had.

First you need a dark base coat. I used 2 coats of dark purple. Then you need a toothpick- the ones with one end pointy & the other end flat. The flat end is a perfect little circle. Choose some bright/light colors for your dots, dab some nailpolish on a piece of paper, dip your toothpick in the colors and stamp away on your fingernails making sure you wipe the toothpick completely off when you change colors. Make sure they're completely dry before putting a top coat or else you'll smear your dots! I put gold glitter on an accent nail to give my nails a funky little twist.

And presto! You got cute nails! Simple, but a little time consuming (took me about 2 hours because I wanted to make sure everything was completely dry before I moved on to the next step).

Here are the results:

2 comments: